The Great Exchange preserves the value of resources by facilitating reuse opportunities for excess materials. Schools, non-profits and businesses benefit from donated office supplies and furniture, packing materials, facilities and safety supplies, arts and crafts materials, etc.
Since 2009 this program has diverted over 310 tons of items and materials from the landfill to reusable opportunities and saved almost 200 firms and institutions more than $250,000 in avoided purchase and disposal costs.
Great Exchange events are held throughout the year to provide establishments with access to materials that can be used in their business operations or programming activities. Members “shop” for free, other entities can attend for a small registration fee. Members also have priority access to materials and receive support to repurpose or locate items of interest. Become a member or contact us to learn about future Exchanges.
TRIPLE BOTTOM LINE BENEFITS
- Firms redirect excess inventory and assets to free up valuable floor space;
- Materials, supplies obtained with significant savings; and
- Participants decrease waste management costs.
- Resources are productive and valued for a longer period
- The need to extract and consume virgin materials is decreased; and
- The demand on limited landfill space is reduced.
- Firms positioned to engage with others and explore business prospects; and
- Participants support community members, including schools and service providers.